- How tight does the sensor have to be? (What is the optimum fit for the Q sensor?)
- How can I elicit SCR’s to test my sensor?
- What is Baseline? How do I establish a baseline? For individuals? Multiple people?
- My signal looks flat. What does it mean?
- Tips for activating EDA when you first put sensor on
- I have a lot of SCR’s even when I’m not doing anything – is something wrong?
Understanding EDA data
- What is Electrodermal Activity (EDA)?
- How is EDA measured?
- Is EDA the same as GSR?
- What does a high level mean? A low level?
- Does EDA change with temperature?
- What are tonic and phasic changes?
- What is a SCR?
- Why bother to measure both left and right? Shouldn’t the two sides be the same?
- Can I measure multiple areas at once?
- Additional Questions: Gel vs. Dry Electrodes, Motion Artifacts & Dermatomes (Skin surface location)
- How does measurement on the wrist compare to the fingers?
- Does EDA tell you something different than measuring heart rate or heart rate variability?
- What age groups do you recommend using this device? Is EDA different per age group? Gender? Nationality? Time of the day?
- Can I set alerts when arousal hits a certain level?
- Affectiva sells a wrist-package and a palm-package – how do I know which one to use when?
- Where can I purchase replacement electrodes and wristbands?
Adobe AIR – Q software utilizes the Adobe AIR runtime. If neither Q or Q Live has been installed on your computer before, please install Adobe Air first.
Q Sensor Software – Use the Q software to open and view your EDA files after they’ve been recorded on the Q Sensor, add markers for significant events, and export your data as a CSV.
Q Live Software (for Mac) – Use the Q Live software to view and record a live stream of data from your Q Sensor (Bluetooth-enabled Q Sensor 2.0 only).
Q Live Software (for PC) - Use the Q Live software to view and record a live stream of data from your Q Sensor (Bluetooth-enabled Q Sensor 2.0 only).
NEW Q Sensor Firmware Update – Firmware v1.81/v1.51 corrects filesystem mounting issues. Files are now stored under a data directory.
Q Datasheet - This datasheet gives an overview of the latest version of our Q Sensor, including technical specifications.
Q User Manual - This comprehensive guide includes the Q Hardware Manual, Q Software Guide, Q Live Software Guide, FAQ, Analysis guide and Glossary.